Storms are a fact of life living in Queensland, and you are better safe than sorry.
Below is a quick checklist to ensure you’re prepared when a storm hits:
- Prepare your home: Check all windows or loose furniture, tape windows if necessary & if possible, check guttering for any build up
- Pets: In the rush, don’t forget to check your pets are safe & inside with fresh water & food
- Back-Up accommodation: If your home is prone to flooding, prepare to evacuate. Even though cyclones may hit land in another area of Queensland, this can often result in flash flooding on the Sunshine Coast
- Insurance: Ensure you check your insurance policies are up-to-date
- Emergency kit: Water, batteries, non-perishable food, etc.
- Watch warnings: Keep an eye and ear out on the warning updates on both social media and radio. Disaster Hub provides helpful information in regards to being prepared for a natural disaster & continues to provide information & updates
- Resulting damages : Please advise your Property Manager of any damages (should they occur) as soon as they occur
- Contact: In case of emergency, please contact the SES on 13 74 68 & refer to our Emergency Repairs Page
- Keep calm: As a community, we have been through this many times before & a helping hand is never far away
- Safety: Stay safe & look out for your neighbours & at-risk-members of the community