Are you having trouble finding a rental property?
Perhaps you haven’t rented in some time?
The rental market is very competitive and as the old saying goes if you snooze you lose! Let us help you submit the ideal application!
At Ray White Buderim we head the largest rent roll in the area and understand the frustrations of trying to find and secure that new rental.
We understand that finding a suitable property to rent can be an exhausting process. Please see the below helpful hints and tips to make your search and eventual application that much easier.
Perhaps you haven’t rented in some time?
The rental market is very tight and often moves quickly. With a vacancy rate of commonly under just 1%, it will pay to make sure you are organised before you need to move. Before you begin to view properties it’s important to know what is required to make a successful application.
Our team advertise all open times online, as well as sending out suitable listings via email. Once you identify a property you wish to view, make sure you email or call our office to register your interest prior to the open home and we will send you an SMS reminder of the inspection.
Contact our team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or 5445 6088
Here are some tips that may help you get in first:
- Set up rental alerts on real estate websites like www.realestate.com.au so you are first notified of any new listings
- Contact our office and request to be put on our rental database
- Attend the first open inspection on the property
- Confirm open inspection times the day before you view the property
- Make sure you meet all the requirements on the application e.g. enough I.D.; all previous rental history provided; all pet information supplied
- Let your rental and personal references know to expect a phone call
- The more information you provide the easier and the faster it is for agents to process
It’s simply about being proactive. Let us help you.
Below is what you will need for your application:
- Full contact information for each applicant including mobile phone numbers and date of birth information
- Your current residential address information.
- Pets? We require the breed and registration details. Please ensure you have filled this Pet Application Form.
- Registration numbers of all vehicles of the applicants. Further you will need to nominate if any of the occupants are smokers or not.
- Personal References: It’s best to have 2 personal references minimum.
- Employment Details: We require payroll contact details as we are required to call and confirm all employment.
- Employment and/or Work Reference: This needs to be different to the payroll contact.
Identification – 100 points required
- Proof of income/pay slips (compulsory)
- Centrelink statement (compulsory)
- Proof of address (electricity/phone bill) = 25 points
- Photo ID (drivers licence) = 40 points each
- Current passport = 70 points
- Birth certificate = 70 points
- Bank/Medicare cards = 25 points each
- Copy of residential rates notice = 25 points
How We Process Your Application
- Before submitting your application, you or your representative will need to view the property and accept it is the one for you in its current condition
- Your application will be processed during normal business hours, we do require 2-4 business days to process
- After processing, your application is submitted to the owner for their decision. Their decision is considered final.
Should Your Application Be Successful
You will not be committed to the property until you view and agree to the relevant Tenancy Agreement and its terms, once agreed, you are committed to the property and are required to pay bond and 2 weeks rent within 24-48 hours. The property will not be removed from our availability list until these are paid and the agreement is fully signed. Once the commencement date is agreed, it can not be changed.
Before moving in, you are required to pay your bond. Equivalent to 4 weeks rent. We do not accept bond transfers.
We provide you with 2 options for the payment of rent, both are electronic forms of payment as we are strictly a cashless office.
These options include BPay (no fees) or through the DEFT Payment System (credit card, automatic recurring payment, phone or internet transfer), it is your choice as to which option you prefer.