Finding the Right Property
On the Sunshine Coast the rental market often moves quickly. With a vacancy rate commonly under 2%, it’s best to be organised and be aware of what’s required to make a successful application. We employ a full time Leasing Consultant who conducts over 20-30 inspections per week. If you would like assistance to find a suitable home, please contact us with your requirements and we will keep you updated on our available properties.
Our rental team can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 07 5445 6088.
We have an online booking system that allows you to register for inspections, at a time that suits you. If you would like to organise an inspection, select the property on our website, click the ‘book inspection button’, select your preferred time and register your details. By registering your details, you’re instantly informed of any updates regarding your inspection.
Before submitting your application, you or a representative on your behalf will need to view the property and accept that you would like to apply for the property in its current condition. If you’re moving interstate or overseas and cannot attend an inspection, you’re required to fill out a Tenancy Application Formand submit a Request to Sign Tenancy Agreement for Unseen Property Form.
Tips to a Successful Application
Firstly, download the Tenancy Application Formand make sure all your contact information and identification is ready to go. You can either complete this form online, or print a copy to submit to our office. Please note that you’ll need Adobe Reader to open the Application Form and add your details – if you don’t have it on your computer, please click here to download it.
- Each applicant must submit an individual form with 100 points of photocopied identification;
- Please complete the details accurately, as incorrect details could void your application;
- Full contact information of all proposed occupants including mobile phone numbers and email addresses;
- Current residential address information;
- Vehicle registration numbers for all proposed occupants;
- Contact details of 2 personal references;
- Employment details: name of your employer and payroll contact details – we do need to call and confirm employment;
- If you are self employed, we require your accountants’ contact details to verify your income;
- Business and/or work references;
- Details of all pets (if any) including type, breed, age, size, registration number and whether they are kept inside or outside
Identification – 100 points required
- Proof of income/pay slips (compulsory)
- Centrelink statement (compulsory)
- Proof of address (electricity/phone bill) = 25 points
- Photo ID (drivers licence) = 40 points each
- Current passport = 70 points
- Birth certificate = 70 points
- Bank/Medicare cards = 25 points each
- Copy of residential rates notice = 25 points
How We Process Your Application
- Applications are processed Monday to Friday, allow 2 business days;
- All applications will be checked through the Tenancy Information Centre of Australia (TICA)
- Once your application is processed, it’s referred to the owner of the property and their decision is considered final
Should Your Application Be Successful
- You will be required to pay the first 2 weeks rent within 24 hours to secure the property;
- The property will not be removed from our availability list until the Tenancy Agreement has been signed. A tenancy induction will be conducted with all tenants as soon as possible after approval. Once the Tenancy Agreement has been signed, you will be required to pay the bond. Unfortunately, our office does not accept bond transfers. We require cleared funds before the keys are collected;
- Once the commencement date of the tenancy has been agreed upon, this cannot be changed;
- We are CASHLESS office. Methods of payment options are BPAY, phone transfer, internet and Automatic Recurring Payment through the DEFT payment system or by cheque. A small fee of $0.85c will be charged to your nominated account per transaction if you choose the direct debit option;
- We do not accept bond transfers, however QLD Housing Bond Loans will be accepted once approved