We have a designated Leasing Consultant who’s sole purpose is to assist you in finding the right Property as we understand that this can be an exhausting process. Please see the below helpful hints and tips to make your search and eventual Application that much easier.
Finding the Right Property
The rental market is very tight and often moves quickly. With a vacancy rate of commonly under 2%, it will pay to make sure you are organised well before A) you need to move, and B) before you view a Property, you are aware of what is required to make a successful Application. Our Leasing Consultant will conduct over twenty open for inspections on all of our available rental Properties per week. We commonly advertise these open home times online as well as sending a reminder text to all interested parties. Once you identify a Property you wish to view, make sure you email or call our office to register your interest so we can add you to our enquiries register. Contact our Leasing Consultant directly at email@example.com or 07 5445 6088.
Tips to a Successful Application
Firstly, download the Tenancy Application Formand make sure all your contact information and identification is ready to go.
Please note that you’ll need Adobe Reader to open the Application Form and add your details – if you don’t have it on your computer, please click here to download it.
Here is what you will need:
- Full contact information of all proposed occupants including mobile phone numbers & email addresses;
- Current residential address information;
- Details of all pets (if any) including type, size & whether they are kept inside or outside;
- Vehicle registration numbers for all proposed occupants & whether any of the occupants are smokers or not;
- Personal references To be on the safe side, it’s best to have 2 personal references that are already written & available to be attached to the Application;
- Employment details: Name of your Employer and payroll contact details – we do need to call & confirm employment;
- Employment and/or work reference – this needs to be different to the payroll contact.
Identification – 100 points required:
- Proof of income/pay slips (compulsory)
- Current bank statement (compulsory)
- Centrelink statement (compulsory)
- Proof of address (electricity/phone bill) = 10 points
- Photo ID (drivers license/Passport) = 40 points each
- Birth Certificate = 10 points
- Bank/Medicare cards = 10 points each
- Copy of residential Rates Notice = 10 points
How We Process Your Application
- Before submitting your Application, you or or someone on your behalf will need to view the Property & accept that you would like to apply for the Property in its current condition;
- Your Application will be processed during normal business hours – we do require 3 business days to process;
- After checking, your Application is submitted to the owner for their decision – their decision is final.
Should Your Application be Successful
- You will not be committed to the Property until you view and agree to the relevant Tenancy Agreement and its terms. Once agreed, you are committed to the Property and are required to pay two weeks rent in advance, within twenty four hours. The Property will not be removed from our availability list until the rent is paid and the agreement is fully signed.
- Once the commencement date is agreed, it can not be changed.
- Before moving in, you are required to pay your bond; equivalent to four weeks rent. We do not accept bond transfers, however Queensland Housing Bond Loans will be accepted once approved.
- We are a cashless office and therefore require electronic payment of rent; we recommend the following two options:
- 1. BPAY or the DEFT payment system;
- 2. Please make an appointment with our Property Management team in our office to sign the relevant tenancy documentation. These appointments can be made weekdays between 8:30am & 5:00pm – please allow 30 minutes for this type of appointment.